- NZ Dollar Guide
Table of Contents
- The New Zealand Dollar
- Best New Zealand Dollar Online Casinos
- What is the Best Online Casino NZ Dollars?
- NZ Dollar History
- Advantages of Online Casinos with NZD
- Disadvantages of depositing in NZ$
- Trustworthy NZD Casinos
- How to Play in a Real Money Casino with New Zealand Dollar
- Gambling with New Zealand Dollars
- Which New Zealand Banks are Supported by Online Casinos?
- How to Convert your NZ Dollars into Casino Credit
- Steps to Withdrawing NZ Casino Winnings
- Do I pay Taxes on Casino Winnings in New Zealand
- NZ Dollar Payment Options
- New Zealand Dollar Casinos - Deposit Options
- What is different about NZD Casinos
- Alternatives to using NZ Dollars
- NZ$ Casino Industry and News
The New Zealand Dollar
The New Zealand dollar is the official currency and legal tender in New Zealand. The new NZ Dollar is also the official currency in the Pitcairn Islands which is an official British Territory. The New Zealand dollar is commonly abbreviated to NZD or NZ$ on most online casino sites but some sites used the universal $ symbol which makes it difficult for players to know whether New Zealand dollars are accepted.
New Zealanders love playing at the best online casinos using NZ dollars, and it makes sense why. Saving time and money on not needing to convert your national currency, special kiwi bonuses and prizes, and dealing with local support teams all make NZD casinos the best choice for online gambling.
Best New Zealand Dollar Online Casinos
You have found a great online casino to play at, you are ready to make your first deposit, but now the problem of playing with another currency kicks in. It can be a nuisance when depositing and withdrawing funds in other currencies, since the exchange rates are constantly changing, and players sometimes cannot stay updated. Luckily, New Zealand players have a selection of casinos that accept NZD as a currency which facilitates the whole casino gameplay experience. Most online NZ casinos provide a great selection of games, different payment options, exciting promotions, and rewarding bonuses, as well as Free Spins that maximize winnings.
Nowadays, finding a safe and secure online casino to play your favorite pokies and table games can be quite challenging. For Kiwis, searching for a casino that accepts New Zealand Dollars can be somewhat tricky but thankfully, we have put together a list of different casinos that accept NZD currency. Players will not have to worry about the hassle of converting their funds or paying any extra additional fees during monetary transactions. Feel free to check out our list below of the best online casinos that accept New Zealand Dollars.
|Casino||Welcome Bonus||Rating||Accepts NZ$||Visit|
||NZ$1000 Welcome Bonus||
||Accepts NZ Dollars||
||NZ$100 + 70 free spins||
||NZ Dollar Casino||
||NZD200 + 200 free spins||
||Accepts NZ$ and eWallet||
||150% match up to NZ$200||
||Minimum deposit of NZ$ 1||
||NZ$1000 in casino bonuses + 200 free spins||
What is the Best Online Casino NZ Dollars?
Finding the best online casinos that accept New Zealand Dollars can be tricky. With so many options to choose from, Kiwis can be spoiled for choice when picking the best ones. There are a few requirements that online casino players have to guarantee that the casino is a worthy contender. The best NZ Dollars casinos stand out for their selection of games, secure payment options, transparent terms and conditions, and fair wagering requirements. In such a competitive world, online casinos should also provide a large range of promotions and bonuses to both new and existing players. This means, finding an NZ Dollars online casino that has great bonus offers, a lucrative loyalty program, or consistent promotions is a must.
Best Online Casino NZ Dollars
NZ Dollar History
The New Zealand dollar was first introduced in 1967 to replace the New Zealand pound which had been in circulation since 1933. Prior to the New Zealand pound, the official currency was pound sterling. The traditional pound system was seen as archaic and cumbersome and by the mid 1950s the government had decided to investigate a decimal based currency system.
A comitee was established in 1957 to investigate changing the currency and the “Decimal Currency Act” was passed in 1964. The official date of trasition was then set for the 10th of July 1967. Monday the 10th of July 1967 became know as the “Decimal Currency Day” with the initial exchange rate being 2 NZ$ to one pound.
Most Casinos still only accepted US dollars or when entering the Kiwi casino market in the early 2000s. This made it difficult for most New Zealand casino fans to budget their game play as the currency fluctuated, and they were forced to pay currency conversion fees whenever they played online. Spin Casino was one of the first New Zealand online casinos to accept NZ$ as an officially supported currency in the mid 2000’s. Many other online casinos in New Zealand followed suit soon after allowing players to gamble in New Zealand dollars.
Advantages of Online Casinos with NZD
There are a number of advantages to playing in New Zealand Dollars. The first and most obvious advantage is that players know exactly how much they are depositing and how much gameplay they are going to get from it. It is common for players not playing in NZD to spend more than they think when playing pokies online.
Exchange rate fees are hidden costs that players don’t need to pay if they play New Zealand Dollars. These fees look small on a single transaction but add up over time and playing in NZ$ can save you a lot of money over an extended period.
Players depositing in their local currency are also not effected by volatile exchange rates. You are already gambling at the casino, there is no reason to gamble on the currency too.
Avoid Currency Exchange Fees
Most online casinos support US Dollars, British Pounds, or Euros as their main currencies. Nevertheless, many online gambling operators support payments made in New Zealand Dollars, and for Kiwi players, this is golden. And, when choosing the perfect gaming platform, NZ players tend to gravitate towards online casinos that accept NZ Dollars, and for a good reason.
The most obvious factor when playing with NZ Dollars is that players can avoid currency conversion fees. This preference helps Kiwis prevent spending additional costs and save their hard-earned cash in the long run. Not to mention that there is also a certain level of convenience when players use their local currency, making it much easier to manage their deposits and withdrawals without having to do any bothersome calculations or fund conversions.
Disadvantages of depositing in NZ$
The biggest disadvantage of gambling in New Zealand dollars is that although a casino may accept NZ dollars as a deposit currency, the e-wallet or alternative payment method you want to use may not support New Zealand dollars.
The other minor disadvantage is that you do not benefit from the potential weakening of the NZ$. This is a very minor disadvantage and do not advise using your casino account for currency trading.
Trustworthy NZD Casinos
With online casinos becoming more and more prevalent, and the gaming industry expanding its reach, one of the major concerns for players is in finding a reliable and trustworthy NZ online casino. What then, makes a safe and secure casino site? There are a few factors that contribute to the safety, like ensuring that all the casino games offered are fair and random for all and that player’s private and financial information is fully protected. An online casino should also process their players’ deposits and withdrawals quickly and securely and last but not least, the casino should be certified, regulated and tested by an independent third-party auditor. When evaluating an online casino, players should always look for the licensing and legal information, usually found on the casino website itself.
How to Play in a Real Money Casino with New Zealand Dollar
Knowing how to play in the best real money casinos with New Zealand Dollars can save you time and effort in the long run. There are numerous choices when it comes to playing your favourite real money online gaming platforms in New Zealand. This can leave new casino players confused and not knowing where to start. Since some online casinos cater to players around the world, it can get tricky when having to deal with other currencies because the exchange rates are constantly changing.
Real money casinos that accept New Zealand Dollars allow players to deposit, play through a selection of games, and withdraw the winnings easily and securely. Choosing an online casino that operates with New Zealand Dollars, will save you time and money in the long run. Since Kiwis will be playing with their preferred currency, they will not need to worry about any fees or additional exchange costs when depositing or withdrawing any funds. Moreover, players will not have the hassle of having to convert any monetary values when opting in to claim exciting bonuses and promotions.
So, if you do not wish to pay any unnecessary fees and play in NZ Dollars, simply choose an online casino from our lists above.
Gambling with New Zealand Dollars
Most New Zealand Online Casinos that accept NZ$ as a deposit method offer several different deposit options. These include bank transfer, credit card and online payment services like echeque, neteller and Paypal.
The key things to look out for when deciding on a banking method with a casino are:
- Deposit and withdrawal limits
- Banking fees
- Country restrictions
- Withdrawal and deposit wating periods
- Required documentation
We have reviewed a number of potential options in our casino deposit options section of the website.
Which New Zealand Banks are Supported by Online Casinos?
Kiwis have access to a large number of great online casinos that accept New Zealand Dollars as a main currency. This facilitates real money deposits since players can transfer funds with no extra additional fees, and all online casino bank transfers are easy and secure. Since players use the bank’s platform when making deposits and withdrawals, the processing is much safer than other payment methods. Another great benefit is that the payments are encrypted with the latest technology, so players will not need to worry about any fraudulent activity. On the other hand, finding banks that are supported by online casinos can be somewhat challenging if you do not know which ones to use. Some popular NZ banks that support casino monetary transactions include:
- Bank of New Zealand (BNZ)
- Australia and New Zealand Bank Group (ANZ)
- Taranaki Savings Bank (TSB)
- The Co-operative Bank NZ
These banks have been operating for a while and are the most common choices for NZ players. When using one of these banks, Kiwis can pay in their local currency and benefit from high deposits and withdrawals. But more importantly, it is fundamental that players find an online casino that satisfies their every need, whether it’s secure transfers, exciting games, or thrilling bonuses and promotions.
Paysafe card are another popular deposit method that supports NZ dollars. The big advantage utilising Paysafe to play at NZ Dollar online casinos is that it offers more security as it negates online fraud attempts and offers better privacy protection than traditional banks. Paysafe is also one of the few payment methods that allow for $1 deposit amounts at various casinos, although most players prefer to play at the $10 Paysafe Casinos.
How to Convert your NZ Dollars into Casino Credit
Depositing New Zealand dollars into your casino account is simple and requires just a few steps:
- First, ensure that you are registered at the casino as a player.
- Then follow the guidelines to ensure that your account is verified, by providing the necessary documents.
- Once this is done, deposit funds into the account directly through the Cashier section, which usually takes a few minutes to be processed.
Thankfully, online gaming has grown in popularity with Kiwis over the years, and the New Zealand Dollar is available at almost all online casinos across the world. After you sign up at a casino, you need to select which currency you would like to use when making any monetary transactions. For this reason, it is always advisable to pick NZ dollars to avoid paying any extra fees or extra costs associated with currency conversions. Once you have selected which casino to play at, you can choose from the different banking options available and cash in your NZ dollars that will be converted automatically into casino credit and available to enjoy on a selection of games.
Steps to Withdrawing NZ Casino Winnings
If you love playing at online casinos but are worried about using popular electronic wallets or credit/debit cards to fund your account, then a bank transfer is exactly what you need. Nowadays, with everything being so fast and the abundance of online casinos with instant withdrawal, bank transfers can feel like they take longer to be processed which can be somewhat of a hassle for most online players. On the other hand, bank transfers are perfect for Kiwis that are not in a hurry with the pay-out speed. This can be achieved by following a few easy steps:
- Step one: Players need to ensure that all the bonus Terms and Conditions have been met and the bonus has been wagered.
- Step two: Guarantee that your total amount does not exceed the maximum withdrawal amount.
- Step three: Some casinos only allow Kiwis to withdraw by using the same method as when depositing, so pay attention to the chosen method when cashing in funds.
- Step four: Initiate the withdrawal process and wait for the cash-out request to be approved.
- Step five: Enter the details of your bank when cashing out, and the money will be available in your NZ bank account after a few days.
Do I pay Taxes on Casino Winnings in New Zealand
New Zealand allows all forms of betting and gambling for people that are of legal age. Once they have successfully signed up at their casino of choice, complying with certain rules throughout the gameplay is always advisable. But it is particularly valuable to know the rules and regulations and stay up to date with the latest updates. When searching for the gambling laws and rules by country, it is extremely hard to understand the information provided because it gets confusing, imprecise, and contradictory. Thankfully, in New Zealand, all the gambling laws are administered by the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) and their website is incredibly thorough and easy to understand.
Gamblers do not have to pay tax on the winnings they make, since gambling is generally believed to be leisure rather than a source of income. If you play casino games for fun, then you do not have to pay any tax. Furthermore, if your only source of income is from profits you have made at a casino, then you will automatically quality for exemption, and will not need to file any income tax returns. However, this changes if you engage in professional gambling activities. If you get an income from other sources, you may still qualify for an exemption on your other income if the company meets specific conditions.
NZ Dollar Payment Options
As a new player in the New Zealand online casino industry, you will be greeted with a wide range of banking solutions when making deposits and withdrawals. In every online casino, Kiwis are presented with a range of the most popular payment methods for NZ players, and each banking solution provides different factors. Some may be ideal for players with a small budget or perfect for players who wish to benefit from improved payouts in terms of speed, availability, and limits. Some of the most popular providers for New Zealand casino players are as follows:
- Neteller – Neteller is extremely popular amongst Kiwis players, as it is safe, reliable, and convenient. This e-wallet allows players to top up their accounts through Net+ prepaid cards or digital wallet options.
- PaySafeCard – This prepaid card is one of the top NZ casino payment options and allows players to deposit funds into their account via a 16 digit pin code. Payments made with PaySafeCard are anonymous, safe, and efficient.
- Skrill – This e-wallet is possibly one of the most popular banking methods amongst online gamblers. It is available in almost all NZ online casinos and provides instant deposits and super-fast withdrawals.
- POLi – This e-wallet, also known as the Australian and New Zealand specific payment method, allows players to fund their casino account from a local bank in a handy and straightforward process. Players that use POLi can expect safe, dependable, and fast transfers.
New Zealand Dollar Casinos – Deposit Options
When it comes to safety at online casinos, it’s not just a secure platform that is important. Banking online had always been seen with suspicion, but today, thanks to the improvements made by online money transfer companies, sending your data online through a secure connection has become one of the safest, quickest and easiest ways of transferring funds. When you’ve decided which online casino to play at, in order to make a real money deposit so that you can play the casino games freely, always look to see if the casino has a large variety of payment options available. Gone are the days when players would have to make a special trip to the bank, and stand in a queue to transfer funds. Nowadays online banking methods widely accepted include not only the major credit and debit cards, but also eWallets like PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller and a host of other virtual top up cards like PaysafeCard and Entropay. A top NZ online casino will always offer a large variety of deposit options and if the online casino only accepts cash, or has a lack of deposit options, then it’s best to look for another casino to play at.
When it comes to finding a great, safe and secure online casino, and handing over sensitive information, you can’t leave anything to chance. We identify, review and publish top New Zealand online casinos for you to play at without having to worry about safety and security. Keep checking our pages for updated exclusive casino offers, the most generous Welcome Bonuses, top promotions and of course, the most fun and exciting casino games for you to enjoy.
What is different about NZD Casinos
There is nothing more satisfying than finding an online casino that allows you to play in your currency. The number of online gaming platforms is increasing year after year, and so are the features they provide, banking methods available, and accepted currencies. Real money NZ Dollar casinos allow players to choose which currency they want to play in and that can be quite significant for online Kiwi players. Finding a casino that accepts New Zealand Dollars provides maximum convenience for NZ players. Additionally, there are many advantages that players can benefit from when finding the perfect casino that operates in New Zealand Dollars. Kiwi players can redeem exciting bonuses and promotions, safeguard their banking details, and get speedy pay-outs at NZD online casinos. Furthermore, playing at an online casino that accepts this currency simplifies all monetary transactions. This means players can fund their accounts directly from their bank account, credit card, or debit card, with no additional exchange fees. Moreover, processing times when cashing out funds will be a lot quicker, since converting money to NZD will not be necessary. So, when picking the perfect casino to play at, we recommend picking an NZD casino since Kiwis can benefit from fast withdrawals and deposits without having to pay additional costs.
Alternatives to using NZ Dollars
Online casinos have boomed into a billion-dollar industry, and players from all over the world can enjoy some sensational gambling. Due to technological advances, online casinos have become safer and more accessible over the years, making them extremely popular worldwide. New Zealand players can place bets on their preferred sports teams, spin the reels of their favorite pokies, and dive into some action-packed gameplay regardless of where they are. However, due to the wide range of people that play at online casinos, some NZ operators have upped their game and now accept a broader range of currencies.
When players register at a new online casino, one of the first things to consider when signing up is choosing a currency. Generally, players can select their preferred currency based on their location. It may seem evident that the most suited currency to use is your native one. Still, radical fluctuations in exchange rates could make it financially beneficial to convert your funds before investing them into a specific operator. For customer convenience, online casino operators generally accept a range of different currencies. Such alternative currencies for NZ players often include US Dollars, Euro, and British Pounds.
- USD – The US Dollar is the most extensively used currency to make international transactions, and it is internationally known as the official currency for quite a few countries.
- EUR – The Euro is one of the most traded currencies, and many online casinos accept transactions for quicker withdrawals and deposits.
- GBP – The British Pound Sterling is one of the most traded currencies in the online gambling industry, making it perfect for accessibility and convenience.
🙋♀️ Can I use New Zealand dollars to make deposits and withdrawals at casinos?
👍 What are the advantages of using New Zealand dollars?
👎 Are there any disadvantages to using New Zealand dollars?
💲 How do I pick the best banking method?
📋 What are the Pros and Cons of the New Zealand Dollar?
- More accurate deposits – players from New Zealand are totally secure in how much they are depositing, and how much gameplay they will be able to enjoy rather than being forced to rely on exchange rates for unreliable figures.
- No fees – players from New Zealand depositing in New Zealand dollars will be free from extortionate fees which can really cut into your balance
- No gambling with exchange rates – play with total peace of mind every time
- Now accepted in the majority of New Zealand casinos, as well as gaining popularity other sites around the world
- Peace of mind for players; by gambling in your local currency rather than foreign coin, players can rest assured that they are totally in control at every stage of every game, wager, deposit and withdrawal
- All bonuses, promotions and VIP rewards and funds will all be paid out in New Zealand dollars if this is your selected currency, allowing you to get more for your money and really enjoy the promotional offers.
- Easy withdrawals – gambling in your local currency allows you to withdraw your winnings directly to your bank account, helping to cut out not only international conversion fees but also excessive waiting times and the effort of transferring your cash from place to place
- New Zealand dollars are still not universally accepted, and you may not be able to use the currency depending on your preferred payment method. Some e-wallets or payment options may not permit you to make deposits or withdrawals in New Zealand dollars.
- Players will not be able to benefit from any potential weakening of the New Zealand dollar – this is really only a concern if you use your account for trading.
- There are still some global casinos who prohibit the use of New Zealand dollars as an option when it comes to online gambling
NZ$ Casino Industry and News
NZ$ Casinos are a prized collection of casino options. We put a lot of effort into finding NZ dollar casinos, since for most of us they’re our only way to play games for real money. Keep track of the latest NZ$ casino industry movements right here, by checking out our selected articles below:
- Available Banking options at CasiGO CasinoIn recent years, online payment transactions have emerged as one of the […]
- What are the newest 5 dollar deposit online casinos which accept NZ players?Online casinos NZ have been working diligently to increase gambling platforms and […]
- Playing in NZ dollars vs. Converting CurrenciesWhen it comes to online budget gambling, playing with NZD is preferable […]
- SkyCity Expecting 33% Earnings Increase in 2021Casino operator SkyCity Entertainment Group recently announced its plans to push up […]
- Different Ways to Convert your Currency for Online CasinosWith so many people around the world enjoying online gambling, online casinos […]
- Is NZD the Best Currency to play inNew Zealand is one of the most popular gambling destinations in the […]