Best New Zealand Casinos
Welcome to BestNewZealandCasinos.com, the top online casino comparison site in New Zealand. We know how much Kiwi casino players love to play online but with so many casinos to choose from it can be a difficult task to decide on which casino is right for you. Best New Zealand Casinos is here to help you navigate this chaos by providing you with detailed, accurate online casino reviews, comparisons and exclusive bonuses.
We also endeavour to provide novice players with all the information they need to get the most from their online gambling experience. We will help you understand how best to use your casino bonuses, how wagering requirements work, which casinos offer great customer support and all the different payment options available to you as a player.
- Find out about
- The best online casinos in New Zealand.
- How do the casino bonuses work?
- How do online casinos work?
- How do I know if it is safe to play at an online casino?
- What to look for when choosing an online casino.
- All you need to know about the hottest casino games online.
- Is it legal to play at online casinos in New Zealand?
- The latest online casino news.
My name is Andrew. I work with the team here at Best New Zealand Casinos. I have been involved in the online casino industry since 2004, initially as a VIP customer host before moving across to BestNewZealandCasinos.com to share my knowledge and experience with you.
Best Casinos in New Zealand
We have listed what we believe to be the top online casinos in New Zealand in the table below. The 5 casinos we have listed all offer 24hr support in English and have been operating in the NZ casino space for a number of years. My view is that Spin Palace is the best of the lot but Nick (our graphic designer) loves Leo Vegas and the huge game variety it offers.
|Casino||New Player Offer||Rating||Review||Visit|
|100% match - $200 + 25 Freespins||★★★★★||Gate 777 Casino Review coming soon||Visit|
|$1000 Welcome Bonus + 100 Free Spins||★★★★★||#1 Online Casino NZ||Visit|
|150% match up to $200||★★★★||Lucky Nugget Casino Review||Visit|
|$1000 in casino bonuses + 200 free spins||★★★★||Leo Vegas Casino Review||Visit|
|$1600 Welcome Bonus||★★★★||Jackpot City Casino Review||Visit|
|$1000 Welcome Bonus||★★★★★||Spin Casino Review||Visit|
This list is our selection of the best casinos in New Zealand but there are many more to choose from. Visit our casino review page to browse through our full list if you are looking for an alternative to these casinos.
Online casinos know that there are a lot of different options for New Zealand players. This competition is great news for Kiwi players because it means that there are some fantastic retention and welcome bonuses available.
Casinos use a number of mechanisms when creating bonuses. These include deposit matches, free spins, no deposit bonuses, cash-back and loyalty points. Each of these bonus types has its own benefits and it is important for potential players to understand how they work.
A deposit match is when a casino will match the player’s deposit by a pre-determined percentage. These percentages usually range from 25% to 150%. The bonus matches with the highest percentage are normally applied to the opening offer, so players should take advantage of these by strategically adjusting their deposit size when joining a new casino.
Free spins are a great way for casinos to throw up some numbers that look enticing, like “200 free spins” but, in reality, not all free spins are equal. Free spins can be configured as low as 1c per spin which might give you some indication of what a game is like but are unlikely to result in much of a win. Winnings from free spins are also often subject to wagering requirements which catch a lot of players off guard. Free Spins bonuses usually require a $10 minimum deposit at the casino before they are awarded.
No-deposit bonuses offer a great way to try out a casino that you have not heard of before. This kind of bonus gives you the opportunity to try the games and see if they pay out before committing any of your cash. The downside of no-deposit bonuses is that they often have strict wagering requirements and may disqualify players from the high-percentage match bonuses on their first deposits.
Cash-back bonuses are fantastic bonuses for loyal players. It allows players to recoup some of their casino losses. Cash-back bonuses allow players to claim back a percentage of losses over a period. They normally have a minimum and maximum cap applied to them and are usually, but not always, subject to wagering requirements.
Loyalty points are earned by wagering in games. These points can be converted into either free spins, free credits or cash. These points are not usually subject to wagering requirements. Loyalty points can sometimes be used to redeem casino merchandise, special offers or real world prizes too.
If you want to read more on how casino bonuses work and see some of the other types of bonuses available, please visit our Casino Bonuses Page.
Online Casinos in New Zealand
Online casinos work in a very similar way to standard land-based casinos. The biggest difference is that you can access them from anywhere as long as you have a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop with a decent internet connection.
This ease of access is fantastic for Kiwi casino players as it has opened up more competition, forcing online casinos to constantly innovate and bring players new games, new exciting promotions and top-class service if to survive.
This growth has not gone unnoticed by the more nefarious corners of the internet, with many stories circulating regarding online casino scams. If you are looking at signing up at a new casino, please check with us that it is a legitimate, reputable casino before depositing any money.
We also suggest that all players take a gambling addiction self-assessment regularly to ensure that the game stays fun and doesn’t become a problem. Problem gambling is real and if you believe you may suffer from it, please take the test here.
Avoid Casino Scams
The best way to avoid getting caught in an online casino scam is to first come and check if we have reviewed the casino you are considering. If you are unable to do this or you don’t see the casino on our website, there are a number of other tricks you can use to protect yourself as much as possible.
- Casino Licence – The first thing to check is where the casino holds its licence (or if it has a licence at all). The casino licence will be found at the bottom of the site. Ideally, you want a casino that, at the very least, holds a Maltese licence. Casinos that only hold Curacao licence are not subjected to the same screening and regulation as Malta-based casinos and are therefore less reputable.
- SSL – it is imperative that the casino is hosted on a secure server. To check this, see if the site has https in its url. This is non-negotiable.
- eCOGRA – eCOGRA is an independent body that was established to self-regulate the casino industry prior to regulatory bodies being setup. Most Microgaming casinos belong to this body
- Software Providers – Look for casinos that offer Microgaming or NetEnt games. These game providers are stricter than most and will remove casinos that they receive complaints about. If you see “RTG” be very careful as many of these are pirated casino software designed to steal your money.
If you are unsure of a casino, contact us and we will help validate it for you.
Picking a Casino
Picking an online casino should not be a laborious task as you are there to have fun. The key is to understand what you are looking for. The main points to take into account are:
- Casino Software – Does the casino offer your favourite pokie machines, or do they offer enough variety to explore new options?
- Payment Methods – You might want to play with Bitcoin or only use Neteller.
- Payouts – Do the casino games at this casino payout?
- Opening Offer – This is an important deciding factor. You want a strong offer that suits your style of play.
- VIP Support – Not everyone is a high roller but if you are, you want a casino that is going to wine and dine you.
- Cashout Times – How long does it take to cash out your winnings? Does the casino process cashouts on weekends? What are their withdrawal limits?
- Wagering Requirements – What are the wagering requirements on bonuses?
- Live Support – Does the casino offer 24/7 support? Can you call a local number? How well-trained are the support staff?
We delve into all these areas when reviewing a casino and provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision.
Online Casino Games
Online casino games offer players the ability to bring the thrills and excitement of traditional casino games into their home.These days you will even find live dealer games which will let you play at a live table with other players from across the world right from your phone or pc.
Online casino games tend to offer a higher RTP (Return to Player) than traditional land based casino games. This is due primarily to the heightened competition online vs land based casinos. These enhanced odds are normally found on pokies as traditional card and table games have similar odds online and on the ground.
Read on for a quick overview of the main types of casino games available. If you want more information, you can find it on our casino games page.
Online casinos offer more advanced and engrossing pokies than you would find in most land-based casinos. There are a variety of pokies available, from classic 3-reel games with a single payline, all the way up to modern 5-reel, 248-payline pokies with rich bonus features.
All your favourite table games are available including blackjack, roulette and baccarat. These are available in 2 formats at most online casinos: the traditional machine-based versions, and a live casino version with streaming video and real dealers that interact with the players.
The majority of casinos offer all your favourite video poker games including Jacks or Better, Caribbean Stud and Loose Deuces which claims to have an RTP of over 100%!
Progressive Slots or Linked Slots offer massive potential winnings for online players. The fact that people from all over the world are contributing 24/7 to the massive jackpots means that games like Mega Moolah frequently flirt with the $10 000 000 mark.
Are Online Casinos Legal?
This question is answered simply on the Department Of Internal Affairs’ website. It is legal for New Zealand casino players to gamble online as long as the casino itself runs outside of New Zealand.
The prohibition is on remote interactive gambling in New Zealand and therefore does not prohibit gambling conducted overseas. For example, it is not illegal for someone in New Zealand to participate in gambling over the Internet if that website is based overseas.