Today, most online gaming enthusiasts will find thousands upon thousands of online casinos, with new brands launching online for Kiwi players at every given moment. The competition is tough, but each of the new online casinos bring with it more exclusive and unique bonuses and promotions, creative contests, and more innovation than the casino next door.
But what are the differences between older casinos and new ones? Should you use an established online casino or go with a newly launched one? In our article, we compare five new online casinos with five older brands. We’ll measure and compare them on their:
Click on any of these four factors above to go directly to that comparison. The detailed comparisons will ensure that you can better decide for yourself which casino to join. Read through our article and find a top-quality new or older casino that will rock your socks off.
Ladies and gentlemen let’s give a hand to the contenders! Each brand is licensed and regulated by a respected gambling authority. Every casino featured on our pages offers safe, secure, and legal online gambling for Kiwi players. The only question now is; which are the better choices?
The Veteran Online Casinos
- Zodiac Casino – Online since 2001, Zodiac Casino takes an average of 3.2 days to deliver all withdrawals, and their review rating is 4.1. For new NZD players, Zodiac offers a 100% Deposit Bonus of up to NZ$500, and the package doesn’t include any Free Spins.
- Royal Panda Casino – Launched in 2014, Royal Panda Casino takes an average of 2.4 days to deliver your funds, and the casino has a review rating of 3.8. Here new players can collect a 100% Deposit Bonus and no Free Spins.
- Jackpot City Casino – Operating since 1998, this online casino gaming pioneer offers the best of its 20 years of experience. JackpotCity Casino will deliver your wins back to you in 2.2 days, and the casino has an impressive review rating of 4.8. New players at Jackpot City can collect a 100% Matched Bonus up to NZ$400 and no Free Spins.
- LeoVegas Casino – Online since 2011, the average payout speed across all withdrawal methods is 1.3 days, and the review rating is 4.7. New players can collect bonus cash up to NZ$1000, and there’s also a great 200 Free Spins on offer.
- BitStarz Casino – Online since 2014, this hybrid casino offers FIAT currencies like NZD and CAD and cryptocurrency like Bitcoin. The average payout speed across all withdrawal methods is an impressive 0.3 days, and BitStarz’s review rating is 4.3. New players can collect bonus cash up to NZ$500, and there are also 200 Free Spins on offer.
Shiny, Brand New Online Casinos
- Rush Casino – Opened in 2021, this online casino has an average payout speed across all withdrawal methods of 1.2 days, and the review rating for Rush Casino is 4.4. There are no Free Spins available for new players, but players can count on a 100% Deposit Bonus up to NZ$560.
- Evospin Casino – This new casino opened in early 2021. The withdrawal speed is 0.5 days which is super impressive, and the casino offers a review rating of 4.5. For new players, there’s a 100% Match Bonus up to NZ$300 on offer and 100 Free Spins
- Skol Casino – Another brand-new online casino, Skol offers a super speedy 1.1 days for withdrawals to be back in your account, and the review rating is 4.8. New Kiwi players are in for a treat as the Welcome Bonus package is a 100% Deposit Bonus up to NZ$1300 in bonus cash and a massive 250 Free Spins for the lovable pokie game Starburst by NetEnt.
- Casino Masters – Join the masters of online gaming. Online since early 2021, this casino has an average withdrawal rating of 1.6 days, and the review rating for Skol is 4.4. New Kiwi players can start their online gaming with a Deposit Bonus of up to NZ$200 in bonus cash and 30 Free Spins.
- Wheelz Casino – Burn some rubber at the brand new Wheelz Casino. Online since early 2021, Wheelz processes all withdrawals at an average of a super-fast 0.8 days, and its review rating is 4.6. The Welcome Bonus package for new players is a 100% Match Bonus on deposits up to NZ$300 and 25 Free Spins on popular video pokies.
Payout Speed Comparison
|Casino||Year launched||Average payout speed across all withdrawal methods|
|Royal Panda||2014||2.4 days|
|Jackpot City||1998||2.2 days|
|BitStarz||2014||0.3 days |
|Older casino average:||1.88 days|
|Casino Masters||2021||1.6 days|
|Newer casino average:||1.04 days|
As we can see from the above, the older, more established online casinos have an average payout speed of 1.8 days, while when you play at very modern online gaming venues, the average payout speed is a much lower 1.04 days. There are some exceptions, of course. One of the oldest online casinos on our list is BitStarz, and while the casino was launched in 2014 and can be considered almost vintage, it offers the fastest payout speed at 0.3 days. The only other casino with comparably fast withdrawals is the new Wheelz Casino, but it comes in at a slightly lower 0.8 days.
Payout Speed Winner: Newer online casinos with 44% faster average withdrawal times.
Match Bonus Comparison
|Casino||Year launched||Match Bonus|
|Royal Panda||2014||100 NZ$|
|Jackpot City||1998||400 NZ$|
|Older casino average:||500 NZ$|
|Skol||2021||1300 NZ$ |
|Casino Masters||2021||200 NZ$|
|Newer casino average:||532 NZ$|
Since online casinos launched online in 1995, Welcome Bonus packages have always been lucrative. When we compare the older online casino brands with their younger counterparts, we notice an interesting thing. Older casinos average a Match Bonus of 100% up to NZ$500, while new casinos come in at a slightly increased NZ$532 in bonus cash.
Match Bonus Winner: Newer online casinos with 6% larger average match bonuses.
Free Spins Comparison
|Casino||Year launched||Free Spins|
|Older casino average:||64|
|Newer casino average:||81|
Free Spins are the most sought-after casino bonuses, and while older casinos offer an average of 64 Free Spins in new player bonuses, new casinos offer their new players from New Zealand an average of 81 Free Spins.
Free Spins Winner: Newer online casinos with 27% more free spins on average.
Quality and Experience Comparison
|Casino||Year launched||Review rating (Out of 5)|
|Older casino average:||4.3|
|Newer casino average:||4.5|
We have compared bonuses, withdrawal payout speeds, and Free Spins offered for new players. However, the best measure for an online casino is the overall experience. All scores are from our expert casino reviews and take into account the range and variety of pokies and table games on offer, which developers power the games, how quickly and effectively customer services will assist you with a problem, and how many banking providers are available for your convenience. The older casinos have an average review rating of 4.34, while the newer brands come in at 4.54.
Quality and Experience Winner: Newer online casinos with 5% better average ratings.
Conclusion – New Online Casinos are Better
Older online casinos are serious about providing the best gaming and service, but so too are the new casinos. Like all the best things in life, your choice of where to play pokies and table games remains your choice. Every casino rewards its players with fun and exciting bonuses and games, but it all depends on what you want from online casinos. This test has shown, though, that the newer online casinos have the edge on their older counterparts. Whether it’s the speed of withdrawals or the availability of generous deposit and free spins bonuses, you will have a better time with the new tech gambling platforms.